A Healthy Pizza Option!
- 400 grams pizza dough
- 200 grams of cream cheese
- 4 tbsp of chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 2 onions in slices
- 400 grams of smoked salmon
- 1 bundle of basil
- salt & fresh cut pepper
- Preheat the oven at 210ºC. Mix the cream cheese with the chives, the lemon zest, the salt and the pepper.
- Cut the pizza dough in six parts, spread the cream cheese mixture, fold the corners and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, add the onions and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Lastly add the salmon, some basil for decoration and serve.
Each Serving Contains:
Focusing on my Body
Although I find myself pretty busy these past few weeks with the upcoming final exams and applying for an internship in New York, I managed to go out with my friends on Saturday night which was pretty refreshing, cause now that I’m all grown up and mature (haha) going to night clubs has been significantly limited.
The only downside to the story is that I once again sprained my ankle, not too badly but it still hurts and I still sleep with a bandage in order to keep my leg steady. I sprain my ankle pretty often because when I was younger and still a dancer I had an injury which left it a bit sensitive.
I didn’t pay much attention to it because I am used to the pain but last night something pretty impressive happened. Have you ever cut yourself by mistake, or hit your little toe on a furniture? I’m sure you have noticed that right away the injured spot starts warming up and you can feel your heartbeat there; you can feel the blood pulsing underneath your skin. Well last night, right before I fell asleep I started concentrating on the pain of my ankle and suddenly I started having that exact sensation,
“the more I concentrated the more I could feel my blood, my heartbeat, my whole organism.
Soon enough it was just me and my body, I imagined the route of the blood down to my fingertips and right back up, I felt my respiratory system relaxing and my body’s effort to heal the pain. This whole process helped me sleep smoother than ever, which was amazing considering that I sometimes experience difficulties with sleeping, unless I’m incredibly tired. It reminded me certain mindfulness exercises that we use in Psychology, specifically with the Behavioural approach and made me wonder whether Meditation would be beneficial for me.
If you have any suggestions, tips and advice in regards to whether I should start meditating and whether it has helped you with any sleeping disturbances let me know.
My boyfriend’s favourite dinner.
So I usually spoil my boyfriend Chris by making him whatever he wants to eat, even if it’s late, because I love making people smile through my cooking.
- 4 slices of toast bread (I use multigrain)
- 1 boiled egg
- 3 slices of turkey
- 3 slices of toast cheese
- ketchup & mayonnaise
- grated cheese (any king)
- Peal, wash and cut the potatoes in any shape ( you can keep the skin on if you prefer but make sure you wash them very carefully at first). Fry the potatoes in vegetable oil.
- While you’re frying the potatoes use the toaster for the bread slices. Make a mixture of mayonnaise and ketchup and spread a bunch on one side of the three slices (not the fourth!!!).
- Add a slice of egg, a bunch of lettuce, a slice of cheese and a slice of turkey in between the bread slices.
- Cut diagonally and serve with potatoes. Garnish the potatoes with cheese.
This is pretty much what it looks like when it’s done.
Greece is going through hard times, I feel deeply sorry that some people try and find ways to make it even harder.
For those of you who aren’t Greek you should know that arson is unfortunately a common habit here. I don’t know how or why but I feel infuriated that some people have no morals, no consciousness and no awareness.