You don’t have to be in England.
- 50 grams of butter (or margarine)
- 250 grams of self-rising flour
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- 1 medium apple, peeled & grated\
- 25 grams of castor sugar
- 150 grams of light cream cheese
- 5 tbsp skimmed milk
- 2-3 tbsp marmalade of your choice
- Add the butter in the flour and stir well until the mixture looks like crumbled bread.
- Add the baking powder, the apple, the castor sugar, and stir well.
- Mix a tbsp of the skimmed milk with 50 grams of cream cheese so that it becomes more fluid.
- Combine the two mixtures and add the rest of the milk (but keep a bit for the coat), until a tight dough is formed.
- Spread some dough on a table and stretch the dough so that it is approximately 2 cm thick.
- Cut the dough in small round breads using a cookie cutter.
- Place the breads on an oiled pan, spread the milk that you have kept on their top and bake in 220°C for 10-15 mins until the get a nice color.
- Let them cool down and then fill them with the rest of the cream cheese and the marmalade.
For a better scent and flavor, add a bit of cinnamon in the dough mixture!