Looking for a fancy & delicious appetiser? I think you just found it!!!
Ingredients (24 tarts):
- 180 grams of crumbled toasted bread (to the point where it’s very dry and crunchy)
- 60 grams of chopped nuts
- 40 grams of melted butter
- 250 grams of light cream cheese
- 100 grams of goat cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp of chopped chives
- 1/2 of red pepper cut in small cubes
- 12 nuts
- Preheat the oven in 180C and oil 24 forms for muffins. Add the crumbled bread, the ground nuts and the melted butter in a bowl and then stir very well. Add a full teaspoon of the mixture in every muffin form and press well so that the mixture is compressed very well.
- Whisk the cream cheese and the goat cheese until they get softer and then add the eggs and the chives while mixing all together. Add seasoning of your choice. Split the mixture evenly in the muffin forms by pouring it on top of the crumbled bread. (Don’t worry if the forms don’t fill because the tarts will puff while baked in the oven).
- Add on top of half of the tarts a nut, and small cubes of pepper on the other half. Bake for 20 minutes until they puff and gain a colour. Let them get cold on the form for 5 minutes and then remove and serve.