All you need to know!
In order for your hair to grow strong you need:
- A lot of Barley. Barley is rich in niacin which contains Vitamin B, essential for healthy hair. Beer also contains barley, that’s why there are lines with beer shampoos.
- Choose high protein food such as lean meats, beans and lentils ( I know most of you hate them but no pain no gain! )
- Avocados, nuts and seeds contain Vitamin E, also essential for healthy, strong hair.
- Raw oats and bean sprouts contain one of the most important element. Silica, a must!
- Sufficient fat. EFA’s (essential fatty acids) are necessary, such as fish and pumpin.
Food supplements (Can be found in your local drug store or on ebay) :
- Vitamins (Vitamins C, E, Biotin, Inositol, Niacin, Pantothenic, Acid, Vitamin B6 and B12).
- Minerals (Calcium, Potassium, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Iodine, Selenium, Copper, Silica, Zinc, Sulfur, Chromium).
- Herbs (Sage, Chamomile, Catnip, Burdock Root, Horsetail).
Some tips for healthier hair :
- Don’t brush your hair when they are wet.
- ALWAYS let hair dry naturally.
- Shampoo the scalp of your head very well and gently. Shampoo the ends lightly.
- Shampoo 3-4 times per week. If you shampoo more than 4 times per week you will notice that your hair look greasy much faster.
- Do not over-brush them and get a high quality hair-brush to prevent any damage.
- Pin up or braid whenever you sleep or do housework.
- Use a lot of conditioner at the ends.
- Deep condition your hair occasionally by putting a lot of conditioner to clean freshly washed hair and then cover with a shower cap. Blast with the hair dryer a few times for a few seconds, then rinse with cool water.
DEEP CONDITION IF NOT ONCE A WEEK, AT LEAST TWICE PER MONTH.
Homemade mayonnaise and egg treatment:
- Add to a bowl twice as much REAL and NOT LIGHT mayonnaise ad what you normally would use for conditioning with regular conditioner.
- Add one to three eggs. One for shoulder length hair, two for waist length and three for longer hair.
- Wind hair on the top of your head and cover with a shower cap.
- Blast with hair dryer a few times for a few seconds. BE CAREFUL for the heat not to be excessive.
- Leave on for about 1hour and rinse with cool water.
- Use a mild two in one shampoo to remove excess residue. Use cool water again.
Mayonnaise and avocado treatment:
- Follow the same steps but replace the eggs with the avocado. Use 1/2 of the avocado for shoulder length hair, 1 avocado for waist length and 1/2 to 2 avocados for longer hair.
- You can add 1 tablespoon of honey for better and smoother results.
You may add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of olive or coconut oil or a few drops of aromatic oils such as peppermint, eucalyptus or lavender in both recipes.
You may use a mixture of olive oil and coconut oil as a hot oil and split end treatments.